Why train to teach with Dixons?
Our family of high performing academies (primary, secondary, all-through and sixth form) are committed to our mission of challenging educational and social disadvantage in the North.
Located in Dixons Teaching Institute, home of Bradford Research School, our School Direct programme offers you:
- school based training in our successful, aspirational and dynamic academies
- placements where you will train to teach students who learn and behave exceptionally well
- an innovative and high quality programme based on current educational research
- bespoke subject knowledge development
- coaching that helps you to make faster progress
- tremendous support from our academies and Dixons Teaching Institute
- fantastic employment opportunities within Dixons Academies Trust
You will also have the opportunity to:
- work with students from the start of the course
- experience impactful and evidence informed daily CPD (Continuing Professional Development) in our successful schools
- be fully immersed in the life of a school all year
- learn from highly experienced, successful teachers and mentors
- begin a journey of continuous professional development with Dixons Teaching Institute and be supported at every step of your career
- be part of something special
Join us in changing the lives of young people in Bradford and Leeds.
"Dixons demands the best from trainees because they insist on the best for their students. Training with Dixons made me feel like I was part of something bigger and bolder than myself. Something that aimed to make the world better."
Kirsty Wheelhouse, Dixons Teacher Training Alumni 2019-2020