Why train to teach with Dixons?
By training with us, you will be part of something special.
At Dixons, our mission is to challenge educational and social disadvantage in the North and we welcome applications from people committed to making a difference in areas where it matters the most. We are proud of providing excellent teacher training for more than 20 years.
We are a well-established multi-academy trust of 12 schools serving the communities of Bradford and Leeds. These consist of 6 secondary academies, 3 primaries, 2 all-through academies and a standalone sixth form academy. Soon, we will have two schools in Liverpool and a further two are in the pipeline in Manchester.
We offer a secondary School Direct programme and we are partnered with Leeds Trinity University. For primary, we are partnered with Bradford Birth to 19. You will benefit from excellent support and guidance from Dixons Teaching Institute and our partners so you develop into the best teacher you can be and make a difference to the lives of local children.
Located in Dixons Teaching Institute, home of Bradford Research School, our School Direct programme offers you:
- school based training in our successful, aspirational and dynamic academies
- placements where you will train to teach students who learn and behave exceptionally well
- an innovative and high-quality programme based on current educational research
- bespoke subject knowledge development
- coaching that helps you to make faster progress
- tremendous support from our academies and Dixons Teaching Institute
- fantastic employment opportunities within Dixons Academies Trust
You will also have the opportunity to:
- work with students from the start of the course
- experience impactful and evidence informed daily CPD (Continuing Professional Development) in our successful schools
- be fully immersed in the life of a school all year
- learn from highly experienced, successful teachers and mentors
- begin a journey of continuous professional development with Dixons Teaching Institute and be supported at every step of your career
Join us in changing the lives of young people in Bradford and Leeds.
"Dixons demands the best from trainees because they insist on the best for their students. Training with Dixons made me feel like I was part of something bigger and bolder than myself. Something that aimed to make the world better."
Kirsty, Dixons Teacher Training Alumni