- Train To Teach
- Why train to teach with Dixons?
- What subjects do we offer?
- What to expect during your training
- Why our trainees chose to train with Dixons
- How to apply and entry requirements
- Funding, fees and SKE information
- Getting school experience
- Meet the Teacher Training Team
- Information Events and One to One Calls
- Contact us and register your interest
- Top tips from our trainees
- Frequently asked questions
Why train to teach with Dixons?
By training with us, you will be part of something special.
At Dixons, our mission is to challenge educational and social disadvantage in the North and we welcome applications from people committed to making a difference in areas where it matters the most. We are proud of providing excellent teacher training for more than 30 years.
We are a well-established school trust serving the communities of West Yorkshire and the North West. Our schools include primary, secondary, all-through and sixth form.
We offer secondary and primary programmes. You will benefit from excellent support and guidance from Dixons Centre for Growth and our partners so you develop into the best teacher you can be and make a difference to the lives of local children.
Located in Dixons Centre for Growth, home of Bradford Research School, our programme offers you:
- school based training in our successful and aspirational academies
- placements where you will train to teach in calm classrooms with highly supportive teams
- an innovative and high-quality programme based on current educational research
- bespoke subject knowledge development
- coaching that helps you to make faster progress
- tremendous support from our academies and Dixons Centre for Growth
- fantastic employment opportunities within our growing trust
You will also have the opportunity to:
- work with students from the start of the course
- experience impactful and evidence informed daily PD (professional development) in our successful schools
- be fully immersed in the life of a school all year
- learn from highly experienced, successful teachers and mentors
- begin a journey of continuous professional development with Dixons Centre for Growth and be supported at every step of your career
Join us in changing the lives of young people in Bradford and Leeds.
"Dixons demands the best from trainees because they insist on the best for their students. Training with Dixons made me feel like I was part of something bigger and bolder than myself. Something that aimed to make the world better." Kirsty, Dixons Teacher Training Alumni