- Train To Teach
- Why train to teach with Dixons?
- What subjects do we offer?
- What to expect during your training
- Why our trainees chose to train with Dixons
- How to apply and entry requirements
- Funding, fees and SKE information
- Getting school experience
- Meet the Teacher Training Team
- Information Events and One to One Calls
- Contact us and register your interest
- Top tips from our trainees
Funding, fees and SKE information
All of our places are unsalaried. You could be funded through a student loan in the same way as for your first degree. A course fee of £9250 is payable to the Higher Education Institution (Leeds Trinity University). You may be eligible for the standard student support package, including training bursaries, tuition fee loans and scholarships if appropriate. Once you have accepted a place on the training programme, you can make applications for tuition fee loans through Student Finance England to cover the cost of training.
Training bursaries and scholarships
Several subjects attract financial support for ITT, especially those which are shortage subjects. Information about the bursaries and scholarships for 2023/2024 year can be found here:
If you need to build up or refresh your subject knowledge, you may be able to complete an SKE (subject knowledge enhancement) course. More information about an SKE can be found here: