- Train To Teach
- Why train to teach with Dixons?
- What subjects do we offer?
- What to expect during your training
- Why our trainees chose to train with Dixons
- How to apply and entry requirements
- Funding, fees and SKE information
- Getting school experience
- Meet the Teacher Training Team
- Information Events and One to One Calls
- Contact us and register your interest
- Top tips from our trainees
- Frequently asked questions
What subjects do we offer?
We are looking for excellent graduates who are committed to making a difference for the young people of Bradford, Leeds and the North West. You should be able to work well in a team of highly professional staff in our successful and aspirational academies.
Early applications are advised as courses fill quickly.
Our courses are listed below:
- Art and Design
- Modern Foreign Languages (Spanish and French)
- Physical Education
- Primary (5-11)
We asked some of our trainees what they thought about their chosen course and what they did to prepare for the training year:
"The aspects of the Maths course I enjoyed the most were working with students every day and watching them grow in their understanding and their mathematical ability".
Molly - Maths trainee
"Subject Knowledge in Art and Design was worked on through reading, scripting, and practical experimentation to grasp new knowledge and delivery".
Paul - Art and Design trainee
"I enjoyed helping students to develop their skills in English. I particularly enjoyed students reach that ‘Aha!’ moment when then finally understood something on which they previously struggled".
Saleh - English trainee
"Before and during the MFL course I worked on my subject knowledge by reviewing Seneca, consulting university textbooks, listening to more Spanish material, staying up to date with Spanish news and attending subject seminars".