Armed with a thorough unbiased understanding of where our schools stand and what has been driving their performance, alongside riding the right trends, we can focus on what it would take to get even better. At Dixons, we start this process by developing a 2-to-5-year masterplan which outlines the expected trajectory in 4 simple sequential steps.
Every big move leads to an update of the expected trajectory of the school
Our 2-to-5-year masterplan
- Build greater structural, educational, financial and talent resilience to ensure consistently high standards across our trust
- Expand our hubs in Leeds, Manchester and Liverpool (or in the North)
- Make our Centre for Growth the go-to place for our trust and the sector-lead for rigorous implementation; crafting school culture; and equality, diversity and inclusion
- Provide education to 20,000 students across the North
This plan is kept at the front and centre of all our strategy sessions and is one that can be adjusted if we change initiatives, priorities, and big moves. Big moves are breakout opportunities that are ‘hard to reverse’. Think of them as the things the next management team will have to take as givens.
Our current big moves
- Strengthen sense of belonging
- Target educational capacity
- Make growth more programmatic
- Reinvent shared services
Learn more about our approach to strategic planning on the Dixons OpenSource YouTube channel. Below is the first in our series of videos on the subject of big moves.