A Level Results 2019
Posted on 15th August 2019
Dixons students and staff have once again matched and sometimes exceeded last year’s very strong overall performance across the Trust.
At A Level, the attainment score (average points per entry) was marginally up. The average grade was stable at C. These results are particularly pleasing given the much higher proportion of our students studying A Levels in maths and the sciences, which are widely acknowledged as more challenging than others.
In vocational qualifications, our students also achieved well, securing an average points score per entry of 33.83 against a 2018 national of 28.47. This makes the average grade a D- (Distinction) against a national average of M+ (Merit). Value added remains comfortably above the 2018 national average (0.0) at 0.26.
All of our academies have much to celebrate. Dixons McMillan’s students (who are A Level only) did especially well, securing a value added score significantly above the national average at 0.41. A Level and Vocational students at Dixons Allerton secured the highest proportion of A*-A and A*-B grades across the Trust, while Dixons City achieved the highest number of students with three or more A Level passes.
"Congratulations to Dixons students and staff on once again challenging educational and social disadvantage by transforming life chances with high-value qualifications. This all bodes very well for the much-anticipated opening in September of our new Sixth Form Academy at Douglas Mill." Sir Nick Weller, CEO
We would like to make a special mention of some students who have excelled this year:
Dixons McMillan Academy
- Iqra Hussain (A*A A A)
- Adhil Ellahi (A A A A)
- Arsalan Iftikhar
Dixons Allerton Academy
- Daniils Suddins achieved A*, A, A, A and Distinction* and is going to the University of Leeds to study Civil and Structural Engineering.
- Maaria Ali achieved 3 A grades and is going to the University of Leeds to study Criminal Justice and Criminology.
- Elliott Cousins achieved A*, A, A and is going to University of Manchester to study History.
- Haaris Mahmood achieved 2 Distinction*, B and is going to the University of Sheffield to study Accounting and Finance.
- Zaynab Mahmood achieved A*, A, B and is going to the University of Leeds to study English Literature.
- Haider Naqvi achieved A, A, B and is going to the University of Manchester to study Optometry.
- Mahnoor Shazad achieved A, A, B and is going to Durham University to study Criminology.
Dixons City Academy
- Awais Hussain (A* A* A)
- Emily-Rose Phillips Greiff (A* A A)
- Haaris Khan (A A A)
- Uzair Uzair (Distinction* Distinction Distinction)
- Maira Usmani (A A Distinction)
- Daniyal Ali (A* A B)
- Maariyah Ahmed (A A B)
- Haleema Islam (A A B)