Register your interest and how to apply
Register your Interest
We are always happy to help and we would encourage you to talk to us; we know how important this decision is for you. We encourage you to register and attend one of our Information Events by completing the above form..
You can find out more information about School Direct options here.
How to apply
The application process is via UCAS, as all Teacher Training places are, and to apply you need to follow their process.
- Go to the www.ucas.com website and click on Teacher Training
- Click on Train to Teach in England
- Click on Find Postgraduate Teacher Training or click on this link to go straight to the course search page
- Search for Dixons Teacher Training (or Bradford Birth to 19 for Primary places) and you will find us.
Your application will be assessed by the recruitment team and the relevant subject mentor/head of department.
We are looking for excellent graduates who have enthusiasm, commitment and can offer inspiration to the young people in Bradford, and who will work well as part of a team of highly professional staff in a successful environment.
- A strong belief in the potential of every child, regardless of background
- Excellent academic qualifications:
2:2 or above in a relevant Degree that is linked to your subject Good and relevant A levels that are linked to your subject Solid GCSEs inc. A-C in English & Maths (and A-C Science for Primary)
- A Passion for teaching and your subject
- The ability to reflect on feedback and own performance
- Resilience, enabling you to make a difference for the students you will teach
If you pass the shortlisting process you will be invited for interview.
If shortlisted, you will be asked to:
- teach a 20 minute ‘lesson’ to 6-10 KS3 students
- undertake a subject knowledge test (the assessments are designed to initially assess your subject knowledge and your written communication)
- and, deliver a short presentation on a given topic as part of your formal interview.
- You will also have a tour of the school and the opportunity to talk to students from Dixons City Academy.
- You will also need to bring in all your Academic Certificates.
If successful, you will be given a conditional offer, where the conditions will be clearly articulated to you in your letter.
Some of the key conditions will be that :
- You must have passed National Skill Tests in both Literacy & Numeracy
For further information on the Professional Skills Test visit http://sta.education.gov.uk
- Have DBS Clearance
- Have your Qualifications Checked
- Confirmed you have the health and physical capacity to start training
Subject knowledge enhancement
Some applicants may require or would benefit from a Subject Knowledge Enhancement Course (SKE), which is available in all shortage subjects. We strongly recommend this as a way of ensuring that you are well equipped and confident to train. Many SKE courses are subsidised nationally. They vary in length and models of learning and include online courses.
Find more information about SKE courses here.
A directory of available courses can be found here.
Dixons is committed to finding the very best trainee teachers and so we continue interviewing until we have found them. We will publicise on our website when we have filled all our subject places or when there are no longer places to offer nationally. This is also communicated through UCAS.