Getting school experience
Due to the developing situation regarding Covid 19, we are currently unable to offer school experience. Please email email@example.com if you would like to talk to one of our trainees about Dixons Teacher Training and life as a teacher.
Getting School Experience
Whilst we do not require school experience, we strongly encourage you to seek an opportunity in school so you can make sure that teaching is right for you. If you intend to apply for our course, we can offer you school experience in Dixons City Academy. By completing school experience with us, you will discover Dixons and have the opportunity to:
- watch a range of lessons and age groups being taught
- observe highly effective teachers of varying levels of experience
- talk to teachers about what it means to be a teacher
- see students in and outside of lessons
- observe high quality whole school or department CPD
- talk to our current trainees about the Dixons Teacher Training course
All of this will give you valuable insight and support you with your application and interview.
SEP (School Experience Programme) will allow you to book a day’s worth of experience. Any further days should be negotiated with the school once at your placement. As part of your placement, a Disclosure and Barring Service check may be required – this will be organised by the school.
How to take part
Once you’ve registered with Get Into Teaching, you’ll be able to book school experience online through their School Experience Programme.
If you’ve already registered, log in to your checklist to book school experience through their online portal.